NetID and NetID Password are used to access:
- DARSweb — or UT's online version of the Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS) which tracks a student's progress toward graduation and provides a concise report.
- UT-Email —Students at UT are upgrading to a VolMail account which allows students to keep their UT email account after graduation and includes a 10 GB mailbox. Go to http://oit.utk.edu/newstudent for instructions on setting up your password and accessing your Volmail account. The student’s UT email account is the official way the university communicates with students.
- MyUTK — a site featuring a suite of commonly used services where you can register for classes, pay fees, and more.
- Blackboard — the virtual common place that allows students, faculty, and staff members to engage in social dialogue through the collaborative features within course and organization sites. More information can be found at http://online.utk.edu.
- Financial Aid Information — available from the Financial Aid Web site. You can view, accept, or decline financial aid awards.
- Academic History Report — the working version of the transcript intended for internal (UT) use only. It includes information not found on the transcript that is helpful for advising. You may access your academic history in MyUTK.
|What is a Student ID?|
A student ID number is a 9-digit number assigned to every admitted student to uniquely identify him/her at UT. Undergraduate students are notified of their student ID by the Undergraduate Admissions Office. Graduate students are notified of their student ID by the Graduate Admissions Office. This 9-digit number will be printed on your Student ID card (also known as the VolCard). Please keep this in a safe place.
|What is a NetID and Net ID Password?|
Your NetID is the "name" part of your free UT e-mail address, email@example.com. Your NetID password is used with your NetID to access MyUTK for registration, your UT e-mail, Blackboard, and your Financial Aid Web account. To learn more about your NetID, check out the About Your NetID page.
To setup and/or change your NetID password, go to http://directory.utk.edu/passwords.
If you are new to UT or want additional information on IDs, passwords, and using e-mail please go to the Are You New? site.
If you cannot remember your NetID password, you can reset it online at http://directory.utk.edu/passwords or by contacting the OIT HelpDesk by phone at (865) 974-9900 or in person at the Walk-In HelpDesk in the Commons at Hodges Library (photo ID is required).
Office of the University Registrar
209 Student Services Building - Knoxville, TN 37996-0200 - Phone 865-974-2101 - Fax 865-974-2606
Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, except holidays. Phone Menu Options