The University of Tennessee, Knoxville


UT awards LD (lower division) / UD (upper division) credit for courses in the lower/upper level category. LD/UD credits are normally acceptable as general elective course credit; however, students should contact their college’s advising center or major adviser to determine if the LD/UD credit will satisfy specific degree requirements. UT does not award credit for the vocational/graduate level category.   

Students who want to use proficiency or other examinations to earn credit for work or material mastered through non-credit courses or experiences should contact the dean of the college that offers the course for which credit is sought.

For questions concerning your credit evaluation, please contact the Office of the University Registrar at 865-946-3864 or

For questions about how military or other prior learning credit(s) could affect your financial aid, contact One Stop Student Services at 865-974-1111 or

Click here for Credit Removal Form.

The Office of the University Registrar

209 Student Services Building - Knoxville, TN 37996-0200
Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, except holidays.


Telephone calls for the Office of the University Registrar are answered by One Stop Student Services (865-974-1111) located at Hodges Library Ground Floor, 1015 Volunteer Boulevard. To contact University Registrar staff please refer to Staff Listing.


The University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Big Orange. Big Ideas.

Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 | 865-974-1000 | The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee System

Contact Webmaster